So, we went to visit The Opry Mills Mall to see what it looks like after the flood and were amazed that we had been there just a few months before the flood and the parking lot was PACKED but now it is empty with fences around it. On the news they are saying it should be re-opened for Christmas Shopping.
We also walked down by the river that flooded and it is AMAZING how much rain had to have fallen to make the river overflow and flood the mall and the city. I still can't believe it even after seeing it! So here are a few pics I took tonight where you can see the construction and how high they had to tear out the walls because of damage from the flood. We plan to go back down there on a nicer night and I will take more pictures to post. Matt just wants to go back because Bass Pro Shop is open :)
Here is a view from the air of the flood. If you look to the right side of the picture you can see the Apple Barn sign from my first picture and if you look at the middle of the picture on the front side of the mall you can see the black Opry Mills sign that I took in the second and third picture above. It is unbelievable that there was that much water!




No comments:
Post a Comment