Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Weekend in Music City

Well, our first weekend in the south has come and gone and it was nice and relaxing.  


Matt worked yesterday until noon and then we went and explored Murfreesboro which is south of us.   We found a really GREAT mall so I am now even happier :)  They even have a  Charming Charlie which is about 3 times the size of the one I went to in Dallas.  I will for sure be going back there!  After we explored there we met Matt's brother Caleb and he took us to a BBQ place in Nolensville called Martin's Bar-B-Cue Joint which had been on the TV show Diners, Drive In's and Dives.  After dinner he drove us around to show Matt all the great fishing spots and me the bike trails; which I will venture to at some point but I am still a little nervous about going out that way by myself.  


I was also able to see where they are all working at Nissan.  WHAT A PLACE!  It is HUGE!  I only wish I could drive away one of their cars :)  


Today we got up and headed downtown Nashville to Centennial Park where they were having the "American Artisan Festival."  It is also the park where there is a replica of The Parthenon 


which was featured in the movie 'Percy Jackson and The Olympians" and right across from the hotel we stayed in when we came here a few years ago.  We enjoyed live music, people watching and some good food.  Then we went to 'Katy K's' a store that Matt read about in my Nashville book (Thanks Betty!).  It is where all the country singers shop for clothes for videos or special occasions.  We were hoping to see somebody famous but no luck :(  then we spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool, grilling out and relaxing.  


I have been really bad about posting pictures of our apartment and everything we have been doing so I will work on taking more and getting them posted.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are adjusting well! Just when you start to get settled you are going to leave for vacation.......hope you guys have a good time!

    ReplyDelete