Monday, July 11, 2011

It has been FAR TO LONG

I have no real excuse for not making an entry since our Anniversary.  Life just happened.  So....... I will continue where i left off.

JUNE 27th
We finally were able to leave that desolate town of Bluefield, West Virgnia.... few!  We had a great breakfast at the Diane-Lee but then we were out of there.

On our way home we went through a small town just outside of Bristol where it was evident that a tornado had been through there at some point.  We had seen it on our way to West Virginia but this time we paid a lot more attention.  WOW is about all I can say.  Having never seen anywhere in person that had been devastated by a tornado, it was unbelievable!  I have heard how tornados hit one house and miss another and that is exactly what happened there.  WOW!

After hours of driving we finally made it to Knoxville and Bass Pro Shop, where Matt was a happy camper.

Right down the road happened to be a 'Smoky Mountain Knife Works' which got Matt even more excited!  He has shopped from their catalog before but never been in a store so he was like a kid in a candy store :)  

After our pit stops we hit the road again and headed for Nashville.  We ended our weekend with a great dinner at Ruby Tuesdays (one of our new favorite restaurants) and then it was back to reality and an early bed time.

After we returned home from our CRAZY weekend it was business as usual for Matt but I finally joined the local YMCA and I LOVE it!  I spent the week trying out several cardio machines and classes.  I found that I still LOVE Zumba and also enjoy Body Pump, Cardio Box, ABSolution, Cycle/Spin and I have found my love of the pool again :)  So to say the least I am keeping myself busy these days :)  

4th OF JULY
We had a relaxing 4th of July weekend and were able to enjoy some great fireworks on Saturday at the neighboring town of Symrna following a dinner at 'my' cafe.  (For those that do not know, my nieces and nephews first learned to call me 'Mimi' when they could not pronounce my name and my nephew Seth still calls me it)






AFTER THE 4TH
Life after the fourth has just been Matt working, me working out, grocery shopping, making dinners and taking care of Matt.  This past weekend we did a little more sight seeing.  Matt had been told of some rivers to fish on along the Natchez Trace Parkway 
which runs from Tennessee through Alabama and ends in Mississippi so we went to check it out and along the way we came across The Loveless Cafe which I had been told by my cousin to check out, so we did.  

To say the least, we found it to be a tourist trap and were going to stay and eat dinner, but decided to pass it up and find something else which was a GREAT decision!  We ended up stumbling upon a really nice mall and The Cheesecake Factory.  So, we indulged!  It was yummy, yummy!

Now, we are just handling the HEAT!  It is VERY, VERY HOT here today.  101 degrees on the thermometer and a Heat Index of 118.  I tried to hang at the pool today and that wasn't even cold enough so I resorted to the air conditioning and that is where I will stay tonight.  They are saying the same temps for tomorrow so I will be working out early, maybe hitting the pool or just staying inside so maybe I will finally work on school work.... we'll see :)  

I will try and not go so long next time between entries.  Talk to you all soon :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment